Re: [OM] [OT] Peugeot,Audi, BMW etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Peugeot,Audi, BMW etc.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:15:39 -0800
You appear to ahve some interesting karma, Rob.

The problem with the Fox and many other VW/Audis can only occur if the wrong battery is installed, the positive terminal cover is omitted. or some non-standard positive terminal connector is installed without insulation.

Moose

R. Jackson wrote:

Heh...I had an Audi Fox that went up in flames in the summer of '84. The battery was under the back seat and I had a fairly, er, *robust* friend riding in the back on the way home from Venice Beach on the 4th of July. His weight apparently pushed the seat springs down until they touched the battery terminals and right on Santa Monica Blvd. the back seat burst into flames. You've never seen five people scramble out of a vehicle so fast.