Re: [OM] some news about the 4/3...

Subject: Re: [OM] some news about the 4/3...
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:42:01 -0800 (PST)
I suppose it was inevitable this thread would draw me
out of lurk mode. For the past several weeks my
Pacbell ISP email account has only worked on the newly
merged SBC/Yahoo web based email and it stinks! I no
longer can get my mail from their pop servers and
their tech support is beyond worthless. Anyway, the
good news is that as of two weeks ago I am now an
employee of UCSC (University of California Santa Cruz)
as a senior electronic tech in Media Services.

On to the 4/3. Yes, I am definately excited. The
thought of that 600/2.8 and that big zoom has me
thinking this will be a huge hit for sports shooters.
However, the camera will have to be fast in every
respect (buffer write/dump speed, AF speed and
accuracy, etc.) to satisfy this market. The imager
needs to be noise free up into higher ISO speeds
(shouldn't be an issue--it is a fairly large imager).
I have seen enough to say I will definately hold off
any rash (Pent*x or Can*n) DSLR decisions 'till the
later part of this year. From intitial appearences it
looks to be pretty much everything I hoped and thought
it would be--now let's see if it can produce results
once it releases. Knowing Olympus I think it will.

As far as OM adapters, a reminder that Scott at
Acratech assured me that he will be doing an OM-to-4/3
lens mount adapter if one is at all possible. So, if
Olympus does not do one, all hope is not lost.

=====
Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com