Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:19:47 +0100
Bernd said:  There is something missing: The lever to transmit the aperture
to the camera. Either the E-system does not have this (it may have an
electronic aperture instead) and lenses miss the auto aperture, or it is
not an OM-E adaptor.

It would be fair to assume there is no mechanical aperture connection and
therefore it doesn't need the two levers (there are two right? one sends
the aperture to the camera for metering, the other does the stopping down).
Our OM lenses would have to be used in "stop-down" mode.

It could still be an extension tube for the macro lens, if we are wrong
with our guesses about the bayonet sizes.  But there's no reason to edit
that out of the Japanese picture...

Let's hope...
jez