Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it an OM adapter?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:07:58 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Skip Williams wrote:

> We don't know how this mythical adapter works yet.  Since Olympus removed it
> from their PR picture, it's not real yet and could be vaporware.  I.e., don't
> get your hopes up too high....yet.

It really makes you wonder what Olympus' motivation is for introducing such an
adapter.  Is it to "prove" that digital lenses are really superior to the
regular 35mm film lenses?  If that's the case, then it makes you wonder what
quality the adapter will deliver.  You can be certain that it won't deliver
better or equal results than the new lenses.  The tooling and design of such
an adapter is probably quite expensive, and since Olympus is no longer selling
OM lenses, there would be no follow up sales from it.  My bet is that it would
be a marketing tool to show off how much better the new lenses are.
                                -mark