Re: [OM] size of the 4/3 E-system lens size 300/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] size of the 4/3 E-system lens size 300/2.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 01:48:28 -0800
No matter what film/sensor size it's designed to cover, f-stop is a physical ratio. 300mm/2.8 = 107mm. Add something to hold the glass and the minimum filter thread is about 112mm. However, in terms of field of view, it is equivalent to a 600mm/2.8, a beast we are unlikely to see for 35mm/

Moose

Mickey Trageser wrote:

A lens of equivalent, not equal, focal length would be notably smaller. Compare that 4/3 300 against a 600 for the OM. There's your savings per relative perspective. Mickey