[OM] Holy Grail Velvia ?

Subject: [OM] Holy Grail Velvia ?
From: Tal Lancaster <tal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:15:56 -0800
On 20 Feb 2003 12:59:05 -0000
owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (olympus-digest) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:02:29 -1000
> From: "danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] Holy Grail Velvia ?
>
> OK so I have taken the advice from members to try Fiji Velvia here in
> Hawaii.
> So this is what I have learn: print film, 52 cent per 4X6,
> Slide, 25 cents per slide. Priced based on local printer and purchase of
> 10/10 Velvia/Mailers
> Print quality of slide on par if not better.
> Any advice or tricks using Slide film in general or Velvia click away?
> Is 25 cent on par with final quality process cost?
> Anybody have a T 10 and controller for cheap? $

Two things:

1. Remember as with any slide film that you exposure range is narrower than
color print film.  With slides the range is about + and - 1.5 stops to still
have detail.  While color print adds another good stop or so on each end.  In
other words you need to make sure your exposures right with slides as the
results will be much less forgiving than with color print.

2. Many people recommend setting your meter for ISO 40 instead of 50 for
Velvia.  I guess part of this is they prefer to remove some of the saturation
that one gets from Velvia.

Tal

--
Tal Lancaster