Re: [OM] OT hypothetical (?) question.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT hypothetical (?) question.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:11:04 EST
In a message dated 2/11/2003 1:25:56 PM Central Standard Time,
Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Which would you buy.  Comparable money.  User 21/2 (would be KEH bargain),
> or near new 180/2.8

It depends on a number of things, two of which are how; much money you have
and what other lenses do you currently own. I happen to own both of these in
almost exactly the condition you mention.  The 180/2.8 is LN and the 21/2 is
a user with perfect glass and mechanics and as an added bonus someone's
drivers license number etched on it.  If you would consider a third party
lens, I really like my Tamron 180mm f2.5 for somewhere around 400f what the
slightly slower Zuiko will cost you.  Choosing between two focal lengths is a
little tough as I find myself using the 180mm, for instance a great deal for
a period of time and then may do the same with another lenses for a while.  I
do subscribe to the "have them all" school of thought, although I don't.
Yet.  Bill Barber