[OM] i'm the heretic - was lenses and aperture rings

Subject: [OM] i'm the heretic - was lenses and aperture rings
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:07:19 -0600
well, i'm the one that was never really impressed with the 90/2.  it
operation was so akward that it just never seemed to work correctly for me.
i did notice that it had good color rendition, but no more sharp than some
of the other top zuikos.

i also had the opportunity to borrow a 50/2 and 100/2 from list members.  i
have to say that although they take some getting used to, they are both
great lenses!  it'll be tough giving that 100/2 back, but i think that the
85/2 is best for me.  i like its small size and diameter of the focusing
ring.  there's something really magical about using a -1 or -2 body and some
of the 49mm thread lenses.  its what drew me to OM in the first place, and
is why i'd never get rid of my OM-1n and 85/2.

of course all of this is personal and subjective.  fortunately most OM
equipment is used, and is easily re-sold at about the same (or greater)
price when one has satisfied their curiosity.  i am also grateful for the
many friends i have made on the list and their generosity in letting me
borrow some of their equipment.  it has saved me loads of time and has
helped me figure out what equipment i really need to build a versitile kit.

take care!
Bob