Re: [OM] Reala!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Reala!!
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:37:07 +0000
I completely agree. I dare say it is the only colour print film I would now use (I prefer slide). The only time I used it was to photograph NLC. The results were fantastic. I'd go to say that they were as sharp or sharper than Fuji Sensia 100. One thing which was very notable is their ability to record blues. You can see some scans of these images (albeit very poor resolution ones) in the section "NLC images" from my website:

http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

I think this summer I'll load my OM-1n with Sensia 100 and my Om-10 with Reala
and make some proper comparisons.

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Albert wrote:

I am beginning to believe that equipment has very little to do with the quality of photography when compared to the photographer as far as influence in the final product..

That said..  I have to give Reala yet another thumbs up..

In a room filled with 6 (six!!) Leica owners, when we whipped out our photos, they all marvelled at mine; and agreed that most of theirs looked very ho-hum...

I will try to get my pics up this week, been busy with chinese new years... But I can tell you, some of the shots are just stunning, Reala is amazing... One guy commented that the pictures looked unreal... A few in the room were 645 shooters, who claim 35mm is for whimps. They too gave big thumbs up for my pics... My Om1n + 3 lenses was cheaper then any one piece of equipment that the others owned in the room! And I walked out with the best pics by far... <golf clap> for the Om! The camera is well designed that it doesn't get in the way of what I am trying to do, and I think that's what the definition of a successful camera is; one that you forget about...

Albert

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary