[OM] Book report

Subject: [OM] Book report
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:18:27 -0500
Just received a book order I've been waiting for: "Fifty Houses: Images from
the American Road", Sandy Sorlien, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002.

Some very nice work. Over the last 12+ years she's been taking road trips to
photograph distinctive regional architecture. She used HIE (Kodak B&W IR),
mostly to good effect, suggesting (to paraphrase her) both a timeless past
and an evanescent future. Not every image grabbed me, but most were striking
and some beautiful. I'm happy with how I spent money.

Note: I'm not an architectural photographer. No connection.

OM content: I shoot HIE with OM equipment. Sometimes buildings. Great film.

Andrew