Re: [Re: [OM] Ideal lens for photographing inside a church?]

Subject: Re: [Re: [OM] Ideal lens for photographing inside a church?]
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 06:49:39 +0000
I photographed my mother's second wedding a few years ago.  I used a
75-150 , 50/1.4 and a 28/2.8.  The best, most useful shots were with
the 2 wider lenses.  I support the "use the 50" lobby, because it is
easy to use, sharp and you can move in or out as necessary.

You can still use the occasion to buy the lens you want/need, but you
don't have to use it then ... do you?

Chris

At 23:57 -0600 08/02/03, Craig Cunningham wrote:

 > Joel W.

I strongly agree with Joel. I recently took a wedding with two lenses -- the
50mm f1.8 and a 35-105 f3.5 ~ f4.5. I ended up using the 50mm for about 90% of
my shots -- the zoom just wasn't bright enough for me to focus quickly and
accurately. Then again, I have a series 1 screen in my OM-2n, and at 48, my
eyesight is mediocre at best.

In hindsight, I really wished that I had a 85mm f/2 or a 100mm f/2.8 as my
second lens along with my 50mm. I love my 35-105 zoom for outdoor photography,
but my recent experience has me shopping for the 85 or 100 as my second indoor
wedding/family event lens.

 - Craig

--
<|_:-)_|>