RE: [OM] Actual OM content! F280 question

Subject: RE: [OM] Actual OM content! F280 question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:13:47 -0800
> ...and I don't understand how a ND filter over the flash unit would not be
> 'overridden' or 'ignored' by the OTF metering - or am I missing something?

The flash was for fill only using Super FP mode. My thought was that the
OTF metering would make up with natural light the light from the flash
that was blocked by the ND filter. i.e. a longer exposure time. This
would give more weight to natural light without the calculations. Say a
1:3 fill ratio. The situation was bright low angle sun, harsh shadows.
Shutter speeds faster than 1/60 were desirable. Crowded, which meant
getting in close with a wide angle lens for groups of 3-5 persons. Shots
i took in Super FP mode were way too heavily weighted to the flash. I
thought that a ND filter would have the effect of lowering the curve of
the Working Distance Guide in the manual meaning less light from flash.

Hope that makes it more clear.
mike