Re: [OM] ON TOPIC Tamron Info, not SUV (much)

Subject: Re: [OM] ON TOPIC Tamron Info, not SUV (much)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:59:01 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2003 8:27:50 AM Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> coming across the 400/4 at a reasonable
> price.

Walt, I just got mine back from KEH for cleaning (dead insect inside) and now
have less than $600 in it.  They do come up from time to time and don't get
the play the 300mm f2.8s get from what I can tell.  I was out with the 400mm
last Sunday just to give it a try.  Went to a local park where I had seen
some pelicans the day before.  What water fowl that was there (no pelicans)
was further away than I would have liked.  Might have something to do with
the 30 or so Cub Scouts and the associated adults that were keeping things
stirred up a bit.  It is a nice lens and perhaps one day we will cross paths
and you can give it a spin.  Ended up stacking the Tamron 1.4X and my Olympus
2X, which was, lets see about 1120mm. A bit long for my Bogen set up on an
observation tower that was a magnet for Cub Scouts who were running up and
down the stairs.  If you are really looking for one or anything else, have
you tried auctiongator.com?  Might help you get in on the front end of an
auction. Bill Barber