[OM] Re: From Gary Reese: Olympus at WPPI

Subject: [OM] Re: From Gary Reese: Olympus at WPPI
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:23:39 -0800
>From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [OM] From Gary Reese: Olympus at WPPI
>
>Good news here and bad.
>
>Good in that Olympus is at least working on something...bad is that it is
>taking forever.  They should have made an E-30 in the interim to keep people
>interested.

OTOH, the $2000 E20 that I "stole" from Staples.com for $1300 less than a year
ago before they got wise* is now selling for under $1000. For $2000, it was a
fine camera. For $1000, it's an OUTSTANDING camera!

*Staples was offering "lowest price, or 1100f the difference back." You called
one of the slime-ball New York dealers and got a ridiculous camera-only price,
which of course they wouldn't honor without including hundreds of dollars of
useless, grossly over-priced accessories. You then paid list price at Staples,
and submitted the slime-ball quote, and they refunded you 1100f the difference!
They are now excluding certain categories of merchandise from their 1100rice
match, including digital cameras.
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>