Re: [OM] Blurry Digital images, clear OM shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Blurry Digital images, clear OM shots
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:10:35 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Winsor Crosby" <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > Huh? Cut it in what way? I can't tell if you're serious or joking. The
> > Canon S-series are very fine P&S cameras,  as well as being very
> > well-made, better than many film cameras. So too are the Oly C-Series
> > or D-Series cameras. Don't blame good cameras for incompetent usage by
> > the "photographer".
> >
> > -Stephen Scharf
> >

> Bill maybe overstates it, but you have to admit if you read any of the
> test sites that actually test lenses that most of the digital cameras
> including some of the ones you mention have a level of color aberration
> that would not be acceptable in an OM lens. People like to say,
> including Olympus, that it is the sensor, but the tests of the digital
> slrs with traditional film lenses pretty well put that to rest. The
> lenses on the Canon S series are pretty good, but the pricier G3 has a
> lot of purple hanging around in the highlights, as do most of the
> Olympus cameras. Whether it is important to your usage is another thing.
>
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California, USA

Honestly say, the lens on the P&S DC is really bad. My new S-30 has very
poor corner resolution, high barrel distortion from wide up to very close to
the long end. The Olympus C-2000 has high chroma at the corner and the E-10
is only slightly better, but as long as there is no bright spot at the
corner the chroma is not very visible. I don't think any Zuiko or my Mju II
has such poor quality.

C.H.Ling