Re: [OM] the death of labs

Subject: Re: [OM] the death of labs
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:46:29 -0800

The lab I use dropped E-6 due to digital. They have a really
nice, nearly-new processor sitting in the back room. Sometimes
they'd get only two or three rolls to develop before the
chemicals went stale.

Digital hurt their E-6 business the most in the elimination of
35mm slides for PowerPoint presentations. As far as I know I'm
the only customer who still uses a film recorder for slide
presentations, and I only send them a few a year at that. Slide
presentations are a whole segment of the market that has been
replaced with BoxLights and the like.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>