Re: [OM] the death of labs

Subject: Re: [OM] the death of labs
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:07:18 -0800

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 09:48  PM, Stephen Scharf wrote:
If I were 21, I sure wouldn't start a career as
a wet lab owner, but to say that digital is running them out of business is
suspect.

Bill Pearce

Maybe this is true in your neck of the woods, but here in Berkeley,I've heard second-hand that Custom Process has had their business severely hurt by digital. They are really struggling.

-Stephen Scharf.
--

I think it is only reasonable to expect the pressure on them to increase. If large format photo books are going to press from 5MP camera files and as large sensor cameras become more prevalent it cannot help their business. Nikon has not yet brought out their full frame camera yet. When they do, it will be like the other professional shoe dropping.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA