[OM] FL-40 flash, FL-BK01 flash bracket, and C-5050

Subject: [OM] FL-40 flash, FL-BK01 flash bracket, and C-5050
From: W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:07:46 -0500
I admit I have not been very active on this list for a while but I have
been actively shooting with my OM. I just haven't had the time to set
up my web page with my OM pictures. Also, I have recently jumped into
digital. I bought a digital camera for the SO for Christmas, a Minolta
F-100. I'm not that happy with it, particularly the way it eats
batteries and its slow response time. Unless you are sitting there
ready with the button half depressed, you can sure miss a lot of good
shots - which eats the batteries even faster. So, I do a lot better
with the OM-4t, which always takes the picture when I press the button
- at least that is if I have the film advanced. However, I no longer
have easy access to to E-6 processing since I no longer work at my
previous job which was close to a great lab (Eastern Photo). (I'm
currently not employed and don't think I can work for another company
for a while.) However, it is a nice feature to take some pictures and
immediately load them on the computer.

I doubt for serious stuff I can give up film, but then I saw that the
Olympus C-5050 has an underwater housing available. And since, dpreview
gives the C-5050 good battery life and ergonomics, I decided to splurge
on one. check <http://www.underwaterdigital.net/olympus
amedia.htm>
and click on the PT-015. I'll give this setup a try next month in the
Carribean.

The question I have is on the flash bracket - FL-BK01. It seems awfully
difficult to find information on Olympus stuff from Olympus's web site.
All I know is this bracket is for the FL-40 flash. The C-5050 also
works with the FL-40 flash. Does that mean you can use this flash
bracket with the C-5050 and FL-40 flash? How does the flash connect to
camera? Is there a cord required. All I can find is the following:
<https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=200666>
I'm guessing that the bracket is more specialized for the E-10/20 and
not useable with the C-5050?

Wayne