[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3848

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3848
From: bsandyman@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:49:53 +0000
Ok, I think that AF cameras send out a IR square wave and then look for
reflections of the same frequency as the square wave. The difference in phase of
the reflected light and the source light can be used to calcuate the difference.
Is this what you mean?

Why would this have a problem in low light conditions? Since the camera carries
it's own little IR source...

Or maybe something else is meant by phase?