Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital DISCONCERTING

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium Format vs. Digital DISCONCERTING
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:31:53 -0800

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 09:23  AM, William Clark wrote:

I shoot mainly digital myself now with my S2. I love it, love it, love it.

What is a bit dosconcerting though is I find that I am starting to forget to think when taking pictures, which is why I always revert to my OM1n to keep
the photographic thinking part going.

I find so many people who shoot digital could care less about composition, exposure, etc. If you take 30 pics of someting you are bound to get a great
shot.  I feel the art of photography is slowing dying.

-Bill

That is nothing new. So long ago that I am embarrassed to say I worked with a woman whose husband conducted photo safaris. Leica people. She went on a much envied trip to Peru and Macchu Picchu and brought in a half dozen absolutely stunning slides. With some gentle probing I found out that she had shot 100 rolls of film and these 6 were the best. Leica did not even have a motor drive then that I am aware of. Never got to see any of the others. ;-)

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA