RE: [OM] London Gathering !

Subject: RE: [OM] London Gathering !
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:22:22 -0000
I agree Roger, but I don't think Christine would.  She was a bit out of puff
when she got to the top (as was I, to be fair) but loved the views.  She
found the downward journey, however, to be hell-on-earth !!  Not sure if it
was vertigo or what, but she didn't like the climbing down at all.  Funny,
'cos she was fine on the viewing platform, even leaning out more than me (OM
through the bars etc. - was glad it was only a 30 !!), but something about
those spiral stairs got to her on the way down !

Anyway, we got there eventually and it was still fun !

Jon

<snip>
Thanks Chris.  I definitely recommend the Monument - I've only been up
it twice but I think it's a great place to take in views of London.  And
good value too - less than half a penny for each of the 318 steps you
have to climb to get to the top!  The only problem is the viewing
platform is very narrow, and you're likely to get your elbow jogged just
as you're about to press the shutter.

Cheers,
Roger