Re: [OM] Re: Pan-X as positive slide film

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Pan-X as positive slide film
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:40:34 -0500
  I ran into a situation one time when I was on submarines and my
commanding officer wanted BW slides.  To make a long story short, due to
atmosphere contaminants in the direct positive method and the low
quality of the results I came up with this solution.  Shoot BW negative
film, develop, and copy with BW film in a slide copier setup.  Two
negatives yield a positive and it gives better quality and allows some
cropping and framing of the final results.  Film and processing are less
expensive and you have many choices of film types.
  It worked for me.
Rand E.