Re: [OM] Focussing screens and glasses

Subject: Re: [OM] Focussing screens and glasses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:16:02 -0800
I wear glasses and don't find it affects how I use the screen. Choice of split-image, microprism or matte area just depends on which screen is in the camera I'm using and/or the subject matter and/or the lens focal length and speed. Sometimes one works better, sometimes another.

Part of my story may be the glasses I wear and innate visual accuity. My right eye, which I use for SLR viewfinders, has corrected vision of 20/10, much better than average. I also wear special Pentax progressive lenses that are vastly superior for me to cheap progressives from Lenscrafters, et.al. (headaches, disorientation). More expensive and slower delivery (no '1 hour' service from Japan) but a whole different visual experience for me. Anti-reflection coating makes a difference, too.

Moose

bsandyman@xxxxxxx wrote:

I have heard a number of people on the list talk about prefferring to use the
matte finish area of the focusing screen to focus with, as oppossed to the
fancy prism, or split ring or what have you.

I was wondering how many of these people also wear glasses. (My guess is none,
but I could be wrong. It happens.)

What do people with glasses prefer?