RE: [OM] A very interesting article.....

Subject: RE: [OM] A very interesting article.....
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:16:16 -0700
I still have a PC that can read the 5.25-inch disks. I also have two Osborne
CPM machines that also read that format. Perhaps I have too many computers
as well as cameras. I also have many old programs written in dBASE but not
compiled with Clipper. I miss the command line interface...I could tell it
what to do and it did what I wanted. Some of the problems with dBASE were
serious though.  /jim

snip>

I will just treat it as joke and the one written this has little
knowledge in computer, the current PC is still fully supporting 5 1/4"
drive and I still keeping one at my home (not installed in computer)
although I have no more 5 1/4" disk. The 3.5" disk has been using for
over 17 years and you can still read the 720K one. The writer should
pretend the date is 2020 not 2005, I don't think at 2005 you cannot
read your CDs. Tell you one thing, it is now 2003 and I'm still using
Clipper 87 (dBase III compiler) for my daily work, the original
program was written in 1993 and went through a few modifications to
suit my new working environment.

<snip

C.H.Ling

_