Re: Subject: RE: [OM] Eyecup question (Toric Lenses)

Subject: Re: Subject: RE: [OM] Eyecup question (Toric Lenses)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:52:58 +0000
For the RAF, contacts are still under trial, and only for those whose
sight meets certain requirements.  I must assume that astigmatism
would preclude joining the trial.  Anyway, funding continues to be
uncertain, as I understand it.

I should think that high-g aircraft (capable of, say, more than 6g)
would make it difficult to wear contacts with any security.  It would
spoil your day to have one or both getting under the lower lids...

Although increased lift in a turn acts perpendicular to the wings,
the pilot must move his head around (or at least set it to look out
prior to pulling more than about 7g so that he does not strain his
neck muscles) so his head will not be aligned with the lift/g vectors
anyway.

PC content: for "he" read "she" where appropriate :>).  We have 5
female pilots under training at present on my squadron; at least one
of them looks like having the motivation to make fast jets.

OM content: even an OM1 becomes heavy under g :>).

Chris