RE: [OM] Lens mount question -- help please!

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens mount question -- help please!
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:51:59 +1100
Linda, I bought the ZE-X about 1982 and with it got three Osawa zooms, the
35-105/f3.5-4.5, the 60-300/f5.6, and a secondhand 80-205/f4.5. Right from
the start I found the 35-105 seemed soft in focus and after a short time it
was relegated to the cupboard. But about eighteen months ago (before being
afflicted with this wretched OM virus) I shot a roll at some Army bandsmen
at Georges Heights which is a bluff overlooking Sydney Harbour. Some of
those were nicely sharp so maybe I was using it before at close to wide open
and not optimum aperture. The longest focus, 60-300, has given satisfactory
results but the 80-205 (which was reasonably OK) now has developed fungus.
There is simply no comparison between the Osawa zooms and the two tack sharp
Mamiya Sekor primes I have, a 50/f1.4 and a 28/f2.8 I would still think that
if you wanted to get non-Zuiko lenses you'd be better off with say, Tamron
or even Vivitar. But really, an OM body deserves Zuiko's, after all that's
what they're made for!

In a later post Jim Couch tells about Osawa lenses for OM's so apparently
they do exist but he also agrees that they are less than magnificent.

BTW, it's OK to say 'g'day', keep it up and we'll make you an honorary
Aussie.

Regards,
John.