RE: [OM] Lens mount question -- help please!

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens mount question -- help please!
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:30:22 -0000
Linda

I can't tell for which cameras the lenses are designed (although the mention
of "for Nikon" on the telephoto box gives a clue!), partly because the
vendor has kept the rear caps on the lenses, but from the pic of the 35-105
I can assure you it cannot be for an OM camera - the aperture control ring
turns the wrong way, and would therefore not mate with the aperture sensing
mechanism in the camera.  Well, OK, there could be a mechanism in the mount
to reverse the direction of operation, but I think we really know that isn't
likely with Osawa.

I also remember that Mamiya did have a model ZE SLR, but that is all I
remember.

And I think that Pentax KA mounts (and some Praktica, even) have electrical
contacts, though not for auto focus.

While some brands of lens do fit a wide variety of cameras by means of
adaptors (Tamron most of all), my strong feeling is that the vendor is
depending on the triumph of wishful thinking  over engineering reality.

Steer clear!

Piers