[OM] HE SPEAKS, Joel is back, Mid-Iowa Eagle and Zuiko Fest

Subject: [OM] HE SPEAKS, Joel is back, Mid-Iowa Eagle and Zuiko Fest
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:54:17 -0800 (PST)
Joel wrote,
> I want you to get that Contax MF system so that I can come
> visit you and play with it.

So that's what it takes.  I thought I offended you or something.
 Did my deoderant stop working last time?

Welcome back from lurk mode.

We've got to get-together and see about harassing the eagles
down at Red Rock.  Bring your B&W film and we'll stop off at the
house and get it processed and printed afterwards.

In fact, I just cleared it with the "keeper of all things
domestic" and Saturday morning I'm FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!  I've got
permission, film and thermals.  Red Rock, here I come.  I'll
have a thermos filled with a hot beverage.

Anybody else coming?  Bring your BIG glass and binocs.

Location:  Pella, Iowa.  North tailwater, Red Rock Dam.  Meet in
the campground down by the footbridge.  This will get us within
300 meters of the majority of the eagles.

Time:  No later than 7:00 AM.  The light will be low (I'll be
pushing some B&W a few stops to start with), but they feed
early.  After that they go back to sitting on trees in difficult
to photograph positions.

Hope for inclement weather or really low temperatures.  Anything
to keep the locals down.  Nothing like the Hardee's Bisquit and
Gravy crowd to drive the eagles to the opposite side of the
river.  At that point it's hiking time.

For those who do not know, Red Rock is a nice sized man-made
lake here in Iowa.  Every winter about this time, the bald-eagle
population rivals that of an average Iowa "city".  Not saying
much, but yet quite impressive.  There can be up to a 100 birds
within a half-mile.  The river is relatively narrow and access
is easy.

We're in a nice cold-snap right now, so that helps matters
tremendously.  Cold=birds.

Look for a red Jeep Cherokee and the guy with icicles hanging
from a camera frozen to his face.

AG-Schnozz