[OM] Re: PC Sync, FP flash

Subject: [OM] Re: PC Sync, FP flash
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:04:16 -0800
>From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
>
>Let's have a show of hands... Who out there has even
>seen a #6 (GE/Phillips) or #26 (Sylvania) flashbulb?
>
>OK, you two - have you seen one within the last 20 years?

I'll do you one better. I've got a GE #22 sitting on my desk right now!

This sucker must have a guide number of 100 or so. It looks like a standard 150
watt light bulb, except the glass is clear and it is full of magnesium wire
inside. It has a standard Edison base like a normal light bulb.

Before The War, a boy scout troop wanted my dad (who was a teenager at the
time) to do an indoor group shot at some event. He did the calculations and
ordered a few of these huge flash bulbs for the gig.

Afterward, he exchanged one of them for the light in his bathroom, and waited
for his brother to go in. His brother came screaming out, yelling "Dad, Georgie
blinded me!" He then went back and changed the normal bulb back in before his
dad came up, turned on the light, and said, "You're crazy -- why you trying to
get your brother in trouble like that!"

He claims that my Uncle Hank still doesn't know the real story.

So I got the remaining #22 flash bulb. And my father's sense of humor... :-)

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>