Subject: Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUTO on

Subject: Subject: Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUTO ongray > card??
From: Thomas Müller <thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:19:09 +0100
Thanks to all for your input.

So, it appears to be a systematic problem with wide lenses and spot
meter. I still do not quite understand why the two cameras I tested
behaved differently (the center-weighted and spot reading in my
OM4Ti/2-13 weere identical, but not in OM4/2-4). But, could be.

Vignetting could be a reason for the observed behaviour, but one
fStop difference between center-weighted and Spot reading seems a bit
too much vignetting (I did my test at f5.6).

Be it as it is, question is, can I use the Spot meter with wide angle
lenses at all, do I have to compensate?

Gruesse, thomas