Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw

Subject: Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:54:16 -0800
Some interesting responses that make sense to me.
On the other hand, why have the bayonet mount work the opposite way from Nik*n? When I 've used both, that's been the thing that required the most attention.
Was Maitani left handed?
Was he perverse?
Was he thumbing his nose at the then leader?
Was he used to clockwise threaded screw mount lenses?

Moose

gries wrote:

I think they do go in the correct direction, if you go one stop in the same
direction with each ring you maintain the same EV. Seems sensible to me.
Now that is something I *could* buy.  For me, I think that if I see a scene
and the current settings are under-exposed, then I would want to turn either
the SS ring or the aperture ring the same direction to get the same result.
At present I turn the SS clockwise for longer speeds, but the aperture ring
CC to more light.