Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw

Subject: Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw
From: Wayne Katez <wkatez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:39:11 -0500
Several manufactures used the different direction method - a couple, including early hassies ( I don't know about current ones) used ev exposure and the rings locked together so that which ever you moved in either direction the exposure stayed the same - like if you decided you needed a higher shutter speed, or less depth of filed, and didn't want to re-meter (manually) or worse, think.
Wayne

gries wrote:

I think they do go in the correct direction, if you go one stop in the same
direction with each ring you maintain the same EV. Seems sensible to me.
Now that is something I *could* buy.  For me, I think that if I see a scene
and the current settings are under-exposed, then I would want to turn either
the SS ring or the aperture ring the same direction to get the same result.
At present I turn the SS clockwise for longer speeds, but the aperture ring
CC to more light.
Are the Hasselblad like this?  They have some sort of coupling, don't they?
Maybe because Maitani wanted the OM-X (the originator) to be more like a
hassy?

PLEASE NOTE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. We do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced or displaced.