[OM] Re: E-20 and G-40

Subject: [OM] Re: E-20 and G-40
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:50:48 -0800
>From: "George M. Anderson, Photographer" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>What I'm saying is (and I'm comparing to IS-3/G-40, not T series) is that
>the camera signals the flash to fire, whether it's preflash or real flash.
>There's no reason it can't use the same hot shoe contact and signal level to
>do that on the G-40 and the FL-40.

I agree that a flash and both cameras COULD BE DESIGNED to work that way, but
that would take additional labor (and possibly hardware), plus a certain amount
of exceptional planning, since the IS series predated the E series
considerably. Thus I believe such compatibility is unlikely unless advertised.

You can bet that if they put the extra effort into making it work that way,
they'd be promoting it, no?

Occam's Razor makes it unlikely the two are compatible.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>