RE: [OM] were you just baiting us?

Subject: RE: [OM] were you just baiting us?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:18:25 -0800
> > Yeah, in a perfect world I'd probably opt out of this guy's class
> > and see what his colleague's ideas are, but I'm kind of stuck....

My experience of the academic world and again recently through my
daughter is that there are always a few profs who are let's say, out of
touch. Kinda like the story of the King's new clothes. Everyone tells
them what they want to hear. I couldn't resist getting into it with
them. Some liked it, some didn't like to be challenged. I'd feel this
guy out and see if he is the former type in which case it might improve
your grade to argue. If he is the latter type you just feed him what he
wants to hear to get your grade.

mike