[OM] OT Foreign languages [was: Singapore trip; raining]

Subject: [OM] OT Foreign languages [was: Singapore trip; raining]
From: "Michael R. Collins" <Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:57:30 -0500
From Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

...with one or more foreign languages -- usually French -- in addition to English....

Since the list can be seriously OT these days, and at the risk of starting a flame war: what's foreign about French??? I always thought it was a domestic language, since the early 17th century :-) .

Seriously, though: wouldn't US/Canada packaging have English, French, and possibly Spanish as a matter of course? And German and various Scandinavian languages, when sold in Minnesota?

ObOM: my OM-1MD, purchased in Montreal, came with both English and French instructions.

Michael

--

Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxx
Toronto, Ontario, Canada