[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3805

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3805
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:25:44 -0500
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:48:48 -0800
> From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What was this "bargain" flash meter, and why did it disappoint?

An old, slightly dinged Wein WP-500 I got for $20. It seemed to test OK with
the flash I brought shopping and went to f16 when it should. However, when I
was doing some macro work with the big strobe I discovered it wouldn't go
*over* f16. This was annoying as I was planning to work at f32.

On the other hand, in checking to write this response I discovered it now
won't go over about f10, so I checked the battery and discovered corroded
contacts and a weak connection on the 9V battery connector. Perhaps I'll fix
it up and then see.

As I've discovered professionally, one of the benefits of writing something
up is that it restarts the thinking process.

Andrew