Re: [OM] Magenta, moles

Subject: Re: [OM] Magenta, moles
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:46:44 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Bill Pearce wrote:

>                       I am told that Kodachrome processed in the european
> lab(s)  is less magenta.

That's been my experience too.  I used to shoot a lot of K64, both here in
Canada and in Europe.  After living in Europe for quite a number of years
and then moving back to Canada, I noticed a significant difference in the
colour balance of the slides.  I don't know if it was the film itself or the
processing lab, but the North American ones definitely had a colour cast to
them.  I've now given up on Kodachrome and switched to Provia and couldn't be
happier.  The colour balance is much better and they don't come in those
horrible paper mounts (the European Kodachromes come in plastic mounts, which
is a lot better).  I just hope the Provia slides hold up as well over time.
                                -mark