Re: [OM] a purely hypothetical question... -not- OT!

Subject: Re: [OM] a purely hypothetical question... -not- OT!
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:22:34 -0800
At 11:04 PM 1/8/2003 -0800, Jim "money burning hole in pocket" Brokaw" wrote:
There is one of the rare 'Big Whites' on the 'bay right now... a 250/2.0...
these don't come up that often. As I catch myself wondering if the weight of
this lens would be offset by the lightness in my wallet, I wonder if anyone
with experience with one could comment on a question, purely hypothetical.

drool...... uh, excuse me while I wipe my mouth...

One question to ask is, while this lens is legendary in its sharpness (one of the sharpest lens ever or something like that), how much does it cost to get A) faster films to negate the f2 advantage, and B) Photoshop to improve sharpness and even contrast of the "lesser" lens.

But you know, money has been spent on less useful stuff (like food, for crying out loud) So don't let that big piece of glass pass you by!