Re: [OM] New member intro and story of my OM-2n purchase

Subject: Re: [OM] New member intro and story of my OM-2n purchase
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:01:29 EST
In a message dated 1/8/2003 9:16:33 AM Central Standard Time,
lwunderlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I had $200 in my
> pocket which I had just taken out of an ATM to be my spending money
> (groceries, transportation, all those unimportant things) for the next
> couple of weeks, so I offered him that and he took it.

Linda, Welcome to the group and at such an opportune time.  When everyone
else is joining the health club to lose those holiday pounds, you have joined
the Olympus list.  Don't know if you have received your instruction manual
for the list yet, however one of the more important rules is to ignore our
rants and raves about politics, SUVs, guns and the price of tea in China. Pay
attention to what is a wonderful body of knowledge about OM cameras and
photography in general.  I would encourage you to take part in the Themed
Olympus Photo Exhibit and the photo exchanges we do periodically.  You will
meet some nice people here.  Oh, the health club thing.  You are now
associating with the biggest group on enablers on planet earth.  We all will
encourage you to spend most if not all of your money on things OM.  If you
pay attention to our advice, the pounds will melt away.  This advice comes
from one who has way too much stuff and just needs a few more select items.
It is a very slippery slope. We do have a 12 step program, however I'm told
it is not nearly as effective as those which deal with lesser addictions such
as drugs and alcohol.  Bill Barber