Re: [OM] Experience with Beattie Intescreens

Subject: Re: [OM] Experience with Beattie Intescreens
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:38:19 -0500
The matte on the Olympus 2 series in finer than the Beatties and the scribed
lines on the Beatties are gigantic.  Brightness is the same, about 2/3 rds
of a stop brighter. Also the Olympus 2 can be safely cleaned with something
like denatured alcohol while doing the same may destroy the matte surface on
a Beattie.  I cleaned an old etched Beattie Intenscreen (which had very fine
lines, btw, compared to now) gently wiping the surface and  it left in it's
wake a thousand tiny scratches.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,