Re: [OM] Experience with Beattie Intescreens

Subject: Re: [OM] Experience with Beattie Intescreens
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 23:33:12 +0100
Hi, Peter and all.

Yes, the Beattie screens look much brighter than the Oly 1- series.
However, since you plan to use it with an OM-4Ti, you should consider also
the 2-4 or 2-13 from Olympus. I own both 2-x and two Beatties (#82401 and
#82402).

The good thing about the Beatties is that they're suitable for the OM-1(n)
& OM-2(n) -- though needle indications will be about 1-stop off. But they
have the following cons:

* Corners of the viewfinder will darken when using wide angle lenses (28mm
or less). The Zuiko 28/3.5 darkens even more than the 21/3.5. On the other
hand, the 2-x screens work fine even with my Sigma 14/3.5!

* The matte surface of the #82402 (horizontal split, no grid) looks much
finer than the #82401 (matte with grid). But none of them looks as sharp as
the 2-x. This makes focusing somewhat difficult with some lenses (e.g. the
Zuiko 28/2).

Hope this helps,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>