Re: [OM] I took some photos.

Subject: Re: [OM] I took some photos.
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:12:02 +1100
Kiandra. Different people have different views! Bugger all in the way of
ruins. The good ruins were torn down a few years ago. Stange that. About all
that's left is the old ski lodge, but his isn't that old. About 25 years or
so. And the RTA depot. Fishing is good though.

I was working up there a few weeks ago and we had some time to go down to
Ravine. Unfortunately I'm the boss of the section and had to stay behind to
do some more work. Spewin'.
Our trainee's grandfather has some photos of the pub there before it
crumbled.

We went up Rules Point, but through the headwaters of the dam. You can drive
up the eastern side of the dam and then cross the top of it if the water
level is low.

I only go to Cabra for work, so my view is fairly different - like "Keep out
of the wet mess. You'll never do it, but at least try". The old town was
slightly higher and in a snow drift area. Nothing really remains. The Cabra
ski slope is either flat or suicidal.

I do take my mountain bike up there when I go. We ride down some tracks
eventually to Tumut 1 power station than a lift ride back up with some
riding on the tar. Good fun.

Foxy