RE: [OM] Re; London

Subject: RE: [OM] Re; London
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:17:43 -0000
Sounds good to me.  Saw the bridge a few months ago and was very impressed
(I assume you mean the one by the wheel !)  I only wished I had a camera
with me at the time !!  It struck me then that it would have been great
photographed at night, with all the illumination, etc.  Still, I'm sure it
will be good in the day-time too !

Architecture is always good, especially old / interesting / unusual stuff.
General city-scapes are something I find hard to get right.  Somehow they
always look boring when I try them !  More practise required.

Petticoat Lane Street market could be fun too.  Never been, but that kind of
street photography sounds interesting.  Guess I need that wide-angle now

Regarding film, I'll probably use a roll of Ilford 125asa I've had for a
while, and maybe some slide film in the OM-4.  Anyone got any
recommendations for the type of slide film for this kind of stuff ?  I've
not done many slides before and would be keen to learn from anyone's
experiences !  I'd probably be using the 4 for the more scenic stuff, and
the B&W in an OM-1 for the more "arty" street type stuff, unless anyone has
other recommendations ?

Right, that's all for now,

Jon