Re: [OM] Tiffen filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tiffen filters?
From: Albert Yang <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:56:23 +0800
No, and that's what so strange... I started to think it was just me, but it wasn't.

My tiffen 49mm fits fine on my 28mm lens, and on my 50mm lens. The B+W fits fine on the 28mm lens also, but it will NOT thread onto the 50mm. I've got a Tiffen polarizer and it fits fine on both as well. It's only the 50mm & B+W that doesn't fit..

I'm wondering how much I lose as far as the tiffen filter vs. the B+W. Some say as much as 3-5%.

The old filter that came on my 28mm was so aweful, that I can see distortion on with the naked eye..

Albert