Re: [OM] Re: even more on-line entries! (Winter exchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: even more on-line entries! (Winter exchange
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:40:48 +1300
Hi Jan, Bob, Zuikoholics and all
> Re:
> >From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >http://www.nothingrhymeswithorange.com/gries/Asides/OM-2002/OM-2002.htm
> Jan Steinman wrote
> I don't know how this is supposed to look, but it is indecipherable using
> Navigator on a Mac
..  ..
I have some sympathy with your plight. My Opera 3.62 which handles html
perfectly well could make no sense of this page set at all.

I had to download and install Opera 6.05 before I could access it. I wanted to
do this anyway as I sometimes wish to write computer-generated text
messages to my son's cell-phone, and 3.62 doesn't cope with the javascript
that Vodafone use. Had I not already had Opera 6.05 installed for this
reason, I probably would not have bothered installing it for only the W'02
site;
Opera 6.05 takes up more than 60MB with the java options included. And I
hate wasting so much disk space on a browser.

Opera 3.62 takes a mere 1MB. ;-)

I presume the W'02 site is not accessible to those people such as Thomas
Bryhn of Norway who are using open-source software ?

Brian