[OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 09:20:42 -0800
>From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>The only strange accent was Samwise Gamgee's.

Chris, I was referring to the accent of one of the Orks who had captured
Merry and Pippin. To me it registered as a UK derived accent. I thought
that if Jackson had a sense of humour he might use an Aussie for the
part. My wife thinks it was a Cockney accent. I have no idea. In any
event the film was a polyglot of language in keeping with the spirit of
the book.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West