Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie

Subject: Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:45:44 -0800
That's what I thought. Just checking  ;-)

Moose

From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:48:51 -0800

I suppose it would be foolish to ask if this contributed to 'justice' in the form of an accurate determination of guilt or innocence?

Justice? What's that got to do with anything? Yes, the notion of justice is a noble concept, but it often has little connection with what comes out of the legal system. Remember, these are decisions being made by a dozen folks too stupid to get out of jury duty. :-)

The digital 'signature' in the data file output from a DC, as was discussed a bit ago, might actually be more defensible. At least as Albert described it, it sounded more bulletproof to me than an 'original' piece of film.

Maybe, maybe not, but good luck explaining that concept to a jury, some of whom don't have the attention span of a flea even during the odd moments they're not sleeping.

Walt