Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie

Subject: Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:50:49 -0500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:48:51 -0800

>I suppose it would be foolish to ask if this contributed
>to 'justice' in the form of an accurate determination of guilt or
>innocence?

Justice?  What's that got to do with anything?  Yes, the notion of
justice is a noble concept, but it often has little connection
with what comes out of the legal system.  Remember, these are
decisions being made by a dozen folks too stupid to get out of
jury duty.  :-)

>The digital 'signature' in the data file output from a DC, as was
>discussed a bit ago, might actually be more defensible. At least
>as Albert described it, it sounded more bulletproof to me than
>an 'original' piece of film.

Maybe, maybe not, but good luck explaining that concept to a jury,
some of whom don't have the attention span of a flea even during
the odd moments they're not sleeping.

Walt