Re: [OM] Sharp Portrait lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharp Portrait lens problems
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:53:09 +0800
Actually, it's a Tokina 90mmf2.5 not a Tamron. I don't know if I'm all that big on softners, as I can always do that post production.. But I might buy one if it's not too expensive.

Albert

Well, I like your choice of lenses with the Tamron 90 f2.5, however I can offer you a little advice it you don't mind taking it from one of the list members who has seen a few more New Years parties than you. For about 400f the cost of your lens, you go out and get yourself a nice Zeiss Softar 1 or 2 which will soften things up a bit and the girl friends may like the results better. A piece of pantyhose stretched over the front of your lens will produce a similar result, as long as, it is a piece of their panty hose. Have known a few who would stretch the panty hose over the lens and then use a cigarette to burn a hole in the middle so just the outside was in soft focus. An alternative to this method would just be to wait. With time their complexions will clear up, your eyes will start to fail and if they have been with that long, they will love the results just because you still want to take pictures of them after all these years. Bill Ba! rber