RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons, and portraits

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Lens bokeh comparisons, and portraits
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:39:47 -0500
I use the Tiffen because that's what I've got.  There are
probably other filters that work as well or better.  I've had
good results from shooting through an old UV filter with a light
coating of Vaseline smeared on it.  This sometimes does really
nice things to highlights.  Screen wire, panty hose, an old onion
sack -- these are some of the many things that have been used to
soften up images.  And the panty hose, depending on the tint, can
provide the same effect as a warming filter, then can be used as
a mask while holding up the local liquor store to get money to
buy more OM gear.

Walt